Why site audits?
A site audit helps to identify a wide range of issues. It determines whether your site is accessible, optimized for search engine traffic, has any broken files or links, loads quickly, and has security or privacy issues. A complete and detailed real-time site audit will give you a deeper understanding of how your content is operable by your users. Having all audits in one place helps to better understand the business impact.
SiteLint Audits are an all-in-one examination and analysis of your site to uncover issues that can impact Accessibility, Quality, Performance, Privacy, Security, and SEO. It also helps to gather runtime issues through Error and Console Tracking audits.
Digital accessibility is the practice of creating a website in such a way that everyone can use it regardless of disability type or severity of impairment. We help identify accessibility issues and provide recommendations needed to fix and improve your products and services, as well as meet the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) standard (2.0 and above). If your organization requires Section 508 conformance, you need a Voluntary Product Accessibility Template (VPAT).
Identify dynamic URLs, determine the page title, headings, meta content length, large images, and many more. Validate HTML and CSS as well as check for cross-browser compatibility.
Find out why your site is loading slowly.
Determine whether best practices in security and privacy protection techniques are implemented.
Test if the website has any obvious security flaws.
Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
Identify issues and get tips on optimizing your site to get a better ranking.
Error and Console Tracking
Catch console messages and runtime issues to get better quality and stability.
Automated Testing with SiteLint Audits Platform
SiteLint Audits works in an active way, unlike the classic passive way. The active way means that audits are being executed when users visit your site. Passive means that your site is being scanned by the application located on the server side.
One Platform to work with Accessibility, Error and Console Tracking, Quality, Performance, Privacy, Security, and SEO. Since all of these areas overlap with each other and have one place to manage, they give a wider perspective. It saves time, as you have all your reports in one place.
- Our automated scanning tool SiteLint Audits Platform helps you scan and monitor in real-time because it works on the client-side.
- One page – one report. When you change anything on the page the SiteLint Change Detection will be done automatically and results will be updated on the fly.
- Effectively Prioritization Bug Fixes. Knowing where the issues appear and how often the page has been visited leads to better prioritization of bug fixes.
- Better results and more automated testing. The Platform does not focus on project management as it cost overhead, communication overhead, and time overhead.
- Easy to track the remediation process. Once the issue has been fixed it will be gone automatically from the report.
- No need to schedule any monitoring or authentication flow because all SiteLint Audits are being executed on the client side.
- We do not store sensitive data so it is safe to scan content with sensitive data.
- Managing false positives can be done directly in the code so you can instruct SiteLint Audits Platform about false positives.
- Running on a real user environment – our audits aren’t limited to a single environment. They are working on the client side when visitors arrive on your site. That gives more precise results like what type of browser, operating system, device type, and more.
- All audits are SiteLint only. We are not using 3rd party tools.
Support in development
Have you found issues, but are not sure how to fix them or where to start? Want to include SiteLint into your CI/CD pipeline? We are truly an integrated part of your team. Get in touch so we can help you.
Not sure how to fix the issues? We can help here. Our technical team can support you throughout the software development cycle:
Feel free to contact us and schedule a meeting to discuss the Remediation Process.
UX / UI Support
Checking UX / UI on the design level before it goes to the software development saves not only time but also makes the product and services more robust and accessible.
Our UX / UI Checklist will guide you to get better results. We can also help by doing UX / UI reviews and providing tips and tricks for improvements.
If your organization requires Section 508 conformance, you need a VPAT.
Manual and User Testing
Finding the issues using the automated SiteLint Platform is the first step. However, a further step is to perform manual testing. Some cases do require manual testing due to technical limitations. For example, accessibility checking for color contrast issues can’t be determined with 100% certainty, and manual testing is the next step.
User testing, however, allows you to test by real users with disabilities.
Practical and simple training based on our findings and experience.
User feedback recordings
Resolve issues even faster with screen, audio, and voice recording. Every customer feedback has its own story. Record and watch them with built-in video screen recording and voice recording. No more 3rd party extensions are necessary to get video feedback from the user. All works directly from the browser!
How does user feedback recording work?
- Create user feedback recording: simply provide the name of the recording, customer email, website URL, and requested scenarios.
- The user will record the session at the most convenient time for him. All that is needed is to follow the link sent in the invitation.
- Review user feedback recordings: instantly monitor and analyze incoming screen recordings and voice feedback.